Congratulations on being chosen as the Best Man!
You’ve been his go-to guy in life, and his wedding day is no exception. Beyond organizing the bachelor party and preparing a speech, here is a list of best man duties to keep you on track as you take on this important role for his big day.
Read more on the blog:
Top 12 Best Man Duties
- Supervise the other groomsmen. Keep them organized and informed, make sure they show up to fittings, etc.
- Organize the bachelor party.
- Attend all the functions, e.g., wedding rehearsal and dinner, parties in which the wedding party is invited.
- Prepare your “Best Man” reception speech.
- Keep the groom calm, organized, and on time throughout the wedding day.
- Hold on to the bride’s wedding ring.
- Make sure the groom has the marriage license (you will be signing it).
- Know how to tie your tie and pin your boutonniere (and perhaps the other groomsmen too).
- Transport guests to and from the airport if needed.
- Deliver the fee to the officiate.
- Decorate the getaway ride—with a little help from your wedding party friends.
- Be available. Be a best friend!