Building a Consistent Brand in Real Estate: featuring The Bahl Team
Building a consistent brand that also differentiates you can be difficult for a real estate agent. Many agents who are affiliated with a real estate company, like RE/MAX or Prudential, are provided graphics that can be used in advertising and promotions. Being connected with a powerful brand that has a lot of equity and trust built with consumers, can be beneficial. However, if you don’t build your own unique identity to go along with that corporate brand, your ads and promotions will simply blend into the clutter of all the other agents using those canned tools. If you asked the marketing departments of those real estate companies, they would agree that their tools are a starting point and need to be used in conjunction with their agents’ unique take on it.
One of our customers, The Bahl Team, shows their efforts to develop a brand that both takes advantage of their powerful corporate brand (RE/MAX) while including unique and personalized elements to help consumers remember their specific team.
As you see in the image below, the magnet includes:
- A strong tagline at the top
- A memorable slogan that helps you remember the name of the team
- Consistency with colors and a pattern
- Prominent contact information
- Visually-appealing design
These same elements are present on their website, and I’m sure everywhere else they advertise around Toronto. Consistency like that have been proven to build brand awareness.
The hardest part of building a consistent brand is taking the first step, and then sticking to it. If you don’t have the skills to create the visual portions, consider hiring a professional freelance graphic designer to guide you through the process. The cost will be well worth it in the long run, and once it’s built, the visual elements are yours to use.
The taglines and slogans should ultimately be chosen by you, because you are the one that will have to support those promises in your daily interactions with clients and prospects. Once you’ve done that, you’ll have the tools you need to consistently present yourself and/or your team to the community.
If you have already built a brand like The Bahl Team, you can easily apply it to any of our magnets! There are two options for you to choose from:
- If you have access to a graphic designer you can have them create the magnet artwork for you based on our graphic specs. The easiest way to send them that information is to go to our Custom Magnets page, choose your size/shape, and email them a link to that specific page. Once he/she has completed your artwork you can simply place an order on the web page you sent them or by calling us (800-788-8633).
- If you don’t have access to a graphic designer but have the original artwork for your brand (logo, patterns , icons, etc.), one of our graphic designers can put it onto a magnet for you. Call one of our Customer Care Reps to talk through the details. We’ll take the elements and design a magnet based on the examples of other work you provide. Depending on the amount of work that needs to be done, there is a minimal design fee.
Benefits of investing in your brand
Building a consistent brand takes some investment up front, but the benefit of sticking to it is tremendous. Awareness of your business in the community will grow exponentially as prospects begin to connect the dots between each of your marketing efforts. They’ll see you as the agent they should call when they are ready for someone to market their home, because you’ve proven that you know how to market your business.
Have you built a brand that you’re proud of? Let us know! We’d love to see what you’ve done by telling us what you did in the comments below.