Qualified candidates please apply to email@example.com
with your cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
We are seeking an experienced Content Specialist to develop and manage content for the company’s ecommerce website, emails, and marketing collateral. This position reports to the Marketing Communications Manager. Please include writing samples or a link to your writing portfolio in addition to your résumé.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Write, edit, and optimize content across a variety of channels, including:
web (e.g., landing pages, UI elements, product descriptions),
promotional and transactional emails,
and marketing collateral (e.g., catalogs, direct mail)
- Analyze and prioritize web content needs
- Develop and communicate content strategy
- Be a content standard advocate; promote a consistent tone, voice, message, and brand experience across content channels and ensure that content aligns with brand values, editorial style guide, and best practices
- Support the growth of MagnetStreet’s voice by contributing, managing, and maintaining our editorial style guide.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, IT, SEO, and user experience specialists to develop and improve content and content workflow
- BA or BS in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in writing and editing for the web
- Tangible work experience in planning and managing web content
- Keen editorial eye and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of HTML preferred (experience working with CMS a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize content needs and develop content strategy
- Experience working with marketing, design, IT, and user experience teams
- SEO knowledge required; ability to incorporate SEO strategy into writing
- Ability to process work independently
- Comfortable and experienced in balancing complex, ongoing projects with short-term projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate within teams and translate the overall vision into writing
- Ability to collaborate daily across multiple departments (e.g., IT, marketing, SEO/usability specialists)
MagnetStreet is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.