Your daughter is getting married! Here are the top 5 areas your daughter will need you to be involved in:
Top 5 areas for Mother of the Bride Duties:
- Finding THE dress—requires the stamina of a 1000 horses. You may want to start marathon training now.
- Selecting the venues—help her choose the right spaces based on her wedding style, budget etc. You’re sharp listening and interviewing skills will definitely come in handy during this time.
- Managing the guest list—This is a beast that needs taming. Your negotiating and organizing abilities will be worth their weight in gold.
- Mom’s Attire—Your daughter will ensure you look terrific. Let the bride choose the style and the look she wants for you. When you’re set on your look, call the groom’s mom and let her in on your colors and style.
- Help as needed—This area is sort of ad hoc. You might be called on to help plan a shower, make phone calls, etc.