Dogs and WeddingsMarch 15, 2012 | Categories Attendants + Photography
Dogs and weddings … does it get any cuter than a well-behaved and adorably dressed dog to get guests oohing and ahhing? And, they make for such great photo opportunities too! Are you considering having your pooch walk your rings down the aisle or hang out at the reception? Well if you are …
Here are 5 things to keep in mind:
Ensure your pup is up for the challenge.
1. Are dogs even allowed? Check with your officiant, venues to make sure it’s A-ok to have pets at the ceremony and/or reception.
2. Guest Safety: Your dog needs to be well-trained, friendly. You don’t want any biting, jumping, or lots of barking from your pet.
3. Guest comfort: Delegate the doggie doo patrol. And, keep in mind that some guests might be afraid of animals–no matter how sweet you know your pet to be …
4. Pet comfort: Make sure someone is overseeing to the dog’s care, watering and feeding throughout the day. And, about the adorable outfit–if your pet is physically uncomfortable in it, they won’t be happy.
5. Pet safety: Check with the florist to ensure the flowers are safe–just in case a petal or two gets ingested or that their bow-tie isn’t too tight, etc.
Tell us about your pet … will you be having him or her or at your wedding?