Meet Kayla and Jacob. Today, we’re kicking off our series of 3 engagement sessions featuring props! What’s a prop? Anything that lends support. So, as far as engagement photography goes, props can be anything from physical items that you hold in your hand or wear on your body, to even a building, tree, or babbling brook … anything really.
5 REASONS WHY USING PROPS IN YOUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS IS A GREAT IDEA:
1. Props help to show off your personality, flair, hobby and unique wedding style.
2. Props add visually interesting elements to your photos.
3. Props bring a level of drama and storytelling to your e-session.
4. Props can be used to introduce your wedding theme on a multi-photo Save the Date postcard or magnet.
5. Using props encourages spontaneity–avoiding awkward or unauthentic posing. Plus, it’s just plain fun!
Among the first words Kayla spoke to her photographer were “I’ve got a 23 piece vintage camera collection I plan on using for decor at the wedding.” So what did Kayla and Becca from B. Jones Photography do? They collaborated on concept, outfits, and props for this sweet session that hints at their upcoming wedding. Enjoy!
Want props to be part of your engagement photography?
Start an Engagement Photo Ideas board on Pinterest and start pinning ideas now! See you tomorrow when we feature our 2nd engagement session and MORE PROP IDEAS.
Follow MagnetStreet Weddings on Pinterest.
Much thanks to Becca for sharing this darling session with us!