Shape Up: 11 Practical TipsJanuary 4, 2011 | Categories Inspiration
Fit for a Bride in 2011
WOW… January 4th already! Just look at that brand New Year in front of us … all shiny and filled with hopes, dreams, and healthy choices! It’s the perfect time of year to readjust, realign and reinvigorate those areas in our lives.
Raise your hand if your getting married. Congratulations! Now raise your hand if you want to get into better shape for your wedding. I see lots of hands out there. And, we did just get through the holidays … I’ll bet many of you tried going to the gym last night~ but couldn’t even find a parking spot! Uh-huh, I thought so. We all have the same thing on our minds.
Let’s craft an easy, workable plan for 2011
Practical Tips for getting in shape in 2011
No hype. Nothing complicated. Just good old-fashioned common sense tips that work!
1. Keep a food diary and keep track of what you’re eating every day. Those who keep track are more likely to lose more weight than those who don’t. You can’t deny what’s written down … plus you’ll know when you can have a treat.
2. Drink a lot of water. Water flushes away the toxins and helps with digestion. Our bodies are mostly made up of water you know.
3. Exercise- you need to burn more calories than you take in. Do yoga, strength training, take the stairs, walk at lunch, zumba, spin, kick-box … Move that body!
4. Eat a healthy breakfast with protein + fiber - the most important meal of the day!
5. Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day to help raise your metabolism and keep your sugar levels even.
6. DO NOT UNDER EAT because that, my darlings, will SLOW your metabolism.
7. Chew your food well. You’ll enjoy your food more and you’ll stop when your full. So simple and oh-so practical.
8. Eat more veggies, fruits and whole grains.
9. Cut down or cut out the fried foods, alcohol, pop, refined flours and sugars.
10. NO PILLS or gimmicks or quick weight loss schemes. First of all they are totally unhealthy and do not promote a lifestyle change.
11. Welcome accountability. Get a fitness partner. Join a group. Proclaim your goals out loud.
HAVE FUN. Use tools that will help you achieve your goals.
This online site from SparkPeople.com offers a bunch of tools for counting calories, meal planning, fitness programs and more…
Top 10 FREE apps for weight loss, fitness, calorie counting…
We can do this!
Do you have a favorite app? Tell us in the comments!
Do you have a plan to get in shape? Tell us in the comments!
We can do this!
image source: LJ Photographics