January 18, 2009 | Categories Inspiration + Resources
The fabulous, fantastic, tres chic and hippest blog… Pink Galoshes has bestowed on us~ the Blog Luv Award! Thank You! Thank You!
Flattered and honored for the recognition of being a blog of Great Attitude and Gratitude … it is with great pleasure I pass along the same kind of LUV!
A few easy to follow rules before nominees can accept put the award on their blog…
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received the award.
Here are my top picks for Blogs with Great Attitude and Gratitude
Corinna Hoffman Photography
Notes from the Nest
Cathy & David Photography
Divas and Weddings
Scarlett Lillian Photography
Welcome to My Life
Elegant and Budget Friendly
Chocolate Sushi Photography
December 29, 2008 | Categories Inspiration
What are you planning for the very last few hours of 2008? Do you relish going out on the town, going to or hosting a party with friends, or enjoying a simple, relaxing evening with a special someone?
Whatever your bent, I’ve got a great recipe to share today ~ great as a New Year’s Eve appetizer or a New Year’s Day party dip, or just about any other time you want some great flavor! My husband’s daughter made an absolutely divine version of this (with a secret ingredient), and it reminded me how much I love love a garlicy artichoke dip.
I pulled out my Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread recipe from my collection — it combines all of my all-time favorite flavors ~ cheese, garlic, artichoke, fresh herbs and . . . lemon! Yes, a splash of lemon is the secret ingredient to getting that party going ~ even if it’s just in your mouth.
If you have a food processor, you can pull this together very quickly and let the machine do all the work ~ otherwise, plan on about an hour to get it all done. Make it a day ahead of time, and the flavors, those delicious FLAVORS meld together like they’re having a celebration all their own. Totally fabulous!
Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Splash lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 8 green onions (just the tops), chopped
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Throw it all in the food processor, blend, and chill for several hours before serving. Pretty simple, isn’t it?
Heidi and I want to say thank you to all of you who have visited Truly Engaging over this past year. It is our hope that you have been inspired and encouraged! To celebrate YOU, our readers, we’re having another holiday sale over at MagnetStreet Weddings ~ 15% discount on EVERYTHING!
All you have to do is enter promotional code WBCS15 at checkout with your online order. Hurry, though . . . offer only good through 1/1/09!
Photo courtesy Creative Commons