Examples Of How To Ask For A Cash Wedding Gift
- Because we are saving for (fill in the blank), we would appreciate cash donations in lieu of gifts. Thank you very much!
- We ask only of your love and presence but if a present is your desire, we would be honored with a cash gift to help us save for our new home! Much love and thanks!
- We require only your presence but if you were thinking of giving a gift, we would greatly appreciate a gift of cash to help us save for (gift idea). Thank you kindly!
- If you were thinking of giving a gift, we would appreciate a gift of cash to help us save for our new home.
- In lieu of gifts, we would greatly appreciate cash donations to help us save (for our new home).
Ugh. awkward subject, isn't it?
As uncomfortable as this idea may be, asking for cash instead of wedding gifts is a growing trend. Blame the economy. Or, it's the simple fact that more couples are paying for their own weddings. And, while it's true that most guests bring gifts, do we have the right to assume this of them?
On the other hand, while asking for cash instead of gifts may seem like it will annoy your guests ... there is a lot to be said for an honest straight-forward approach. This is especially true, if this is what family and friends might expect. Asking for money will always be awkward. Will your guests wonder, "how much is enough?"
If you're going to ask for cash gifts, we don't suggest mentioning it on the invitation. Instead, add it to your wedding website. Just be sure to include the like to your site on an enclosure card with your invitation
Be specific about how you will use the cash. This will help guests feel more connected and better about giving cash instead of a piece of china or blender!