7 Reasons to Color Zentangle Patterns
Find Your Zen: Free Color Pages of Zentangle Patterns
So, what are Zentangle patterns? Pull the word itself apart and you get "zen" and "tangle." Relax and find your zen ... with tangles? Yes, something like that. It's an official, unique art form of creating beautiful images from repetitive and unintentional patterns (or tangles, if you will). Zentangle has emerged in today's pop culture via adult coloring books ... or even wedding stationery (such as our own Zentangle Bloom design).
It's a seriously fun craze we are excited about, because we LOVE color! We've created a gorgeous collection of Zentangle pattern color pages (with heartfelt quotes) that you can download for FREE!
Now, see why it's good for all of us to color!
Zentangle Patterns & Wedding Planning
1. Relax: It's a simple and carefree way to unwind after a busy day of working, wedding planning–and just being an adult in general! There's a bit of science behind it, too. Coloring allows the fear center of your brain to relax, thereby relaxing you while you color and beyond.
2. Nurture Your Creativity: Because it helps free your thoughts from the day-to-day responsibilities, coloring Zentangle patterns allows your creativity to flow freely and without thinking actively. Some of our best ideas (i.e. wedding plans!) come to us when we're not actively thinking about them.
3. Relieve Stress: It's a form of meditation you can do in your own home! Fall into a state of zen as you mindlessly color in each intricate spot on your color page. Coloring Zentangle patterns can literally lull you into a meditative state as you aimlessly fill the page with color.
4. Improve Your Sleep: You know the the whole being lulled into a meditative state? Just let that lead up to your sleep time! Instead of being awoken at 2am with the next day's to-dos, those thoughts will be sorted out as you color–and your brain and body will thank you.
5. Create Beautiful Art: What a perfect chance to DIY it up and create easy pieces of bright wall art for your home! Fill up inexpensive frames with your Zentangle masterpieces to hang in your home, or go a step beyond and use them as part of your wedding day decor.
6. Offers Design Diversity: There are SO many coloring book options out there! They range from florals, folk art, sea life, nature scenes, cats, dragons, mandala, butterflies ... and much, much, MUCH more! Think of your coloring book as your own personal planning journal, of sorts.
7. It's Fun: Besides the nostalgic element of coloring, many adults are turning this hobby into a social one! Gather with friends and host a color party with apps and wine as you discuss wedding ideas ... or what a fun bridal shower activity! Remember, you're never too old or cool to color.
Pull out your markers, crayons or colored pencils* ... and get your Zentangle on!
*warning: this new hobby may cause color envy ... did somebody say 72-count colored pencils?
Share your colorful Zentangle creation with us!
use hashtag #MagnetStreet