And just like that, Halloween is days away! It's the season of jack 'o lanterns, pumpkin spice lattes, fun costumes, spooky hayrides, and so many sweets that we know aren't good for us (but life's too short!). We just love the mysterious ambiance of this time around Halloween, and was drawn to this marvelously moody Halloween wedding styled shoot.
This gorgeous couple really nailed their Halloween wedding shoot with their poses, attire, a desolate woodsy trail, and moody ambiance (check out the candelabra with dripping wax!). They certainly did not sacrifice elegance for a Halloween-esque wedding shoot (let's be honest ... that could easily turn cheesy). Be inspired by their styled shoot and take in all the details as you maybe plan your own moody wedding shoot! Plus, check out our tips, plus a few wedding stationery pieces we think PERFECTLY complement a Halloween wedding vibe like this.
How to Create a Classy Halloween Wedding Look
- Find an abandoned trail or desolate woodsy area like this to be your mysterious backdrop.
- Low ambient light is moody and evocative. Keep the lights down!
- For floral arrangements, focus on deep burgundy tones and pops of orange or copper. Dark roses, burgundy dahlias, dark wine anemones, orange lilies, and wheat sprigs are a great start.
- Let the photography speak volumes of emotions! Try to avoid stiff, posed shots.
- Don't be afraid to have a little bit of fun with tasteful, moody makeup.
- When picking stationery for a moody wedding theme, you don't have to find a literal "Halloween" or spooky type of design. Find something really classy and add in black, rust, and other darker fall tones to create the vibe.
- Black lace is a must!
Wedding invite design from Truly Engaging™ by MagnetStreet: Etched Elegance design suite (photo by MagnetStreet)
Stationery from Truly Engaging by MagnetStreet (photo by MagnetStreet)