Beautiful wedding flowers... a must have! I whole-heartedly believe in using professionals to create the most gorgeous bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages for you, your attendants and your family members. The decorations and centerpieces... another story. With a little creativity and research, I believe you can be quite thrifty and save a great deal of money on your decorations and centerpieces. How, you ask?
- Use a venue that will already be decorated because of a special holiday or a major holiday. Of course, inquire into if the venue's colors and decorations will coordinate with your colors. Some holidays are easier than others i.e. Christmas where you can anticipate the color scheme.
- Use SEASONAL, LOCAL flowers available in your region.
- Prepare your own arrangements based on flowers you purchase from a wholesaler. Here are a few wholesalers to check out.
- Use the natural surroundings: I was married outside in the spring with gorgeous spring blooms all around. I picked (yeah, I don't know what I was thinking... delegate, delegate) the most beautiful lilacs the morning of my wedding for the reception table centerpieces. So fragrant. So beautiful. So FREE!
- gardens, arboretums, city parks, farms... are naturally decorated and just need a few finishing touches.
- Flowers for thought: In the new Brides magazine there is picture on p. 397 of a church entrance that is strewn with Cherry blossom petals. Soft and delicate and so inspiring. If this idea is appealing, think about what will be blooming in your area when you get married.
A Special Thank You
to Dallas Wedding Planner for featuring our Pink Inspiration Board!