Memorial Photo Ideas + 15 Program Wording Ideas
Your wedding is most definitely a joyous occasion, but it can also bring bittersweet emotions and thoughts of relatives and friends who are no longer with you. If you're looking for touching ways and wording ideas for remembering your loved ones at your ceremony, we've got you covered! Adding a sentimental statement about your loved one in your Wedding Programs is a simple and meaningful way to share their memory with your guests. Here are some wedding memorial ideas for honoring your loved one on one of the happiest days of your life.
15 Wording Ideas for Remembering Loved Ones
1. We remember and hold dear our loved ones who are no longer with us (names).
2. Gone but never to be forgotten.
3. In loving memory of (names) and whose precious gifts of love and influence are forever etched in our hearts.
4. Though she is not with us today, her memory remains.
5. The photo/flowers placed (on the ceremony chairs) are in sweet remembrance of (names).
6. Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. (Hebrew proverb)
7. Their journey has ended, but they live in our hearts.
8. An angel is watching over us today.
9. Always and Forever (names)
10. Memories of you fill our minds this blessed day.
11. The song is ended, but the melody lingers on ... (Irving Berlin)
12. Those we love remain with us for love itself lives on.
13. Precious memories never fade and love never dies.
14. Those we love can never be more than a thought apart for as long as there is memory, they’ll live on in our hearts.
15. We dedicate this ceremony to family and friends who are no longer with us.
(Need additional help wording your wedding programs? Grab more examples of formal, contemporary, and casual Wedding Program wording here.)
Wedding Photo Table
A table filled with photos of loved ones who have passed is a beautiful, class way to remember them on your big day. And it's a great way for guests to share stories and even smile at the memories. This couple lit candles in the midst of their framed photos to create a beautiful memorial.
Tree of remembrance
In this casual Backyard Budget Wedding the bride and groom attached old photos to a tree. This idea was perfect for their rustic soiree and full of meaningful expression.
Photo Bouquet Charm
Bride Vanessa wanted her late father to walk her down the aisle in spirit on , so she walked down the aisle with a bouquet charm that held his picture. Other photo charm attire ideas include embellishing shoes and sewing a pic into your dress.
Another bride honored her late brother in the same way, with her borrowed, blue, old, and new items tied to a photo charm on her bouquet. So pretty!
A Seat of Honor
At this Florida beach wedding, the bride gave a seat of honor to her mom by placing a picture of her on a ceremony chair.
Ceremony Program Table
In this DIY southern vintage wedding, the couple set apart their programs table with photos, candles and a simple note of dedication.